Saturday, April 14, 2012

worm bin ..

I moved the worms back out to the deck and took off the lid ..one of the bins has mold growing on top ughhhh...I will take and post a picture in a little while..I need to go see how they are doing in there I hope they are still wiggling around ..Its a sunny day today finally after so much rain I read on the news that alot of the USA is in a drought well I can tell you where all the rain has been "right here at our house " sooooo sick of the rain but I think its better than a drought that's for sure ..OK back in from checking on them..They have had babies they are really little yeah
Here is the moldy bin it had more babies than the other bin but they both had babies in there
and here are a couple pics of the adults worms I didn't see very many grown up worms
so I will check them again next week I haven't put any food in there except a few egg shells and some coffee grounds in about 3 or 4 weeks and there is still lots of that food in there ..I cant say that its smelling like good fresh earth yet more like moldy earth at least its not sewage smell like I have heard some bins start smelling like..I have left the tops off for the afternoon so it can get more air..parts are really really wet and yucky and parts are kind of dry I am not really sure what to do about that I am scared if I get in there digging to much I will hurt the worms so for now I am just going to keep on doing what I have been and that is mostly watching to see what will happen ...

No comments: